The Automobilclub Mobil in Deutschland e.V. has again compared the most important airlines in Germany in the Flugatlas 2019. When making test bookings, the routes Berlin - Mallorca and Munich - Mallorca were reviewed in the period from 27 July 2019 to 3 August 2019, as both Berlin and Bavaria are on summer holidays at this time. If Berlin or Munich were not possible as departure location to Mallorca, an alternative airport in the south or north of Germany was selected. When booking, the most reasonable fare was chosen, i.e. the fare that includes one additional piece of baggage in addition to hand baggage. Priority was given to direct flights. The average price of the test bookings was included twice in the overall ranking. In addition, the tests were designed to answer a wide variety of passenger questions:
- How easy is the booking process on the website?
- How much do children cost?
- How much will the flight cost in total?
- How does the boarding process work at the gate?
- How friendly is the crew on board?
- How professional are the security precautions?
- How clean is the aircraft inside?
- Is there an in-flight magazine or even WLAN in onboard?
Points were awarded for each chapter and supplemented with personal flight experiences from the testers.
The result: Eurowings finishes at the top of the podium and shares the first place with Condor. The jury was particularly impressed by the price/performance ratio and the flight experience, where Eurowings impressed with its friendly staff, well-organized boarding and on-time departure.
All details of the rating and the detailed Flugatlas table can be found at www.mobil.org