Eurowings Newscloud Ticker – 18 July 2023
New in winter: Agadir, Marrakech & Marsa Alam / 10 years of Eurowings app
- Two new destinations in Morocco: Agadir and Marrakech
- Marsa Alam: from Salzburg to the oasis on the Red Sea
- H(APP)y Birthday: Eurowings app celebrates its tenth birthday
Two new destinations in Morocco: Agadir and Marrakech
In the 2023/24 winter flight schedule, Eurowings is flying to the two Moroccan cities of Agadir and Marrakesh. Flights from Stuttgart to Agadir will start as early as 26 July. The routes from Hamburg and Stuttgart to Marrakech and from Prague to Agadir will then follow from November. To the overview of new Eurowings routes
Marsa Alam: from Salzburg to the oasis on the Red Sea
In its winter flight schedule 2023/24, Eurowings is connecting Salzburg Airport with Marsa Alam in Egypt. Marsa Alam is the Lufthansa subsidiary’s second Egypt destination from Salzburg, along with Hurghada. The flights will start on 26 October. To the overview of new Eurowings routes
H(APP)y Birthday: Eurowings app celebrates its tenth birthday
It all started with the first line of code in 2010 – since 2013, the Eurowings app has been available to users and can now look back on ten successful years. During this time, the app has reached several milestones:
- More than one million customers use the Eurowings app during the summer vacations, which is more than 1.6 million passengers.
- In 2022, the app was named the best-rated airline app in Germany.
- The Eurowings app is now backed by a 20-strong team of developers, designers, architects and product experts who are responsible for its ongoing development.
With various new features, the mobile team of Eurowings Digital has not only “cleaned up” the app over the past few years, but also added new applications that contribute to the app's vision of “Travel Companion”. Based on this, the wholly owned subsidiary of the airline Eurowings aims to build a digital travel assistant that provides customers with the information and services that are important to them, depending on the place and time. This digital travel companion can support passengers on their journey, by offering individual products and services for a relaxing travel experience.
In addition to new boarding passes, a “travel plan” has been added to the app in recent months. After successful check-in, users can view their travel information in the “travel plan” and find out about flight schedule changes such as delays or gate changes.
More information about the Eurowings app